I’m exploring more the meditation on the four directions. At the moment, the core experience is one of expensiveness, epic scale as infinite planes expanding outward from myself as center, the earth as center, the sun as center and so on.
Traditional history of directions and elements is searchable online. I ended up engaging in my own creation of a similar diagram featuring symbols for the directions-actually 5 directions because of time or spirit that is represented in the center of the cross.
- East/Earth – pairs of stone, wood, clay
- South/Air – feather and dragon
- West/Water – Fairy with pool and salt egg
- North/Fire – Happy face trio on iron pot
- Spirit/Time – Singing Bowl